New posts #
- Prolonged Fasting. It was almost nine days of not eating anything.
Books I'm reading #
Software Engineering at Google: Lessons Learned from Programming Over Time by Titus Winters, Tom Manshreck, Hyrum Wright. It can be intimidating and boring, but I strongly recommend it. You can find nuggets of non-intuitive advice that will compensate for it. You can read it online, and for engineers, I can especially recommend Chapter 12: Unit testing.
Books I've read #
The Shadow of What Was Lost (The Licanius Trilogy #1) by James Islington. I really wanted to like this one. But I had a hard time even reading through it, especially the first half.
In Polish Inteligentny Inwestor XXI wieku Tom I by trader21. I am learning about stocks, bonds, and ETFs. The book is chaotic sometimes, but it was still pretty good for a newbie like me.
Elsewhere on the Web #
The fallacy of obviousness. Did you hear about the 'Gorillas in Our Midst' (1999) experiment? It turns out we might have misunderstood it. I recommend reading the article.
- The balance has shifted away from SPAs by Nolan Lawson
- You probably don't need AWS and are better off without it
- How to drive away your best engineers by Podge O'Brien
Some YouTube videos I can recommend watching:
- You aren't at the mercy of your emotions -- your brain creates them | Lisa Feldman Barrett
- William MacAskill - Caring About Future People Is Common Sense | The Daily Show
- Apple Notes: Power User Tips & Hidden Features
- Is Figma Dead? - Penpot, the Open Source Figma Alternative
How The Economy Of Japan Could Predict The Next Decade | Economics Explained
- Minimalist Kitchen Essentials | My Minimalist Micro Apartment
- How Nickelback Became The Most Hated Band Ever
Personal Thoughts #
I presented at Meet.js Kraków JS Flash Talks #1: thoughts worth expressing
Krzysztof Kula – "Snapshot testing best practices"
I have lost some weight - mainly thanks to the long fast.
Set up an initial investing portfolio but also lost a lot of time looking at financial news and the rollercoaster of stock and USD prices.
You can subscribe to my monthly posts at kula.blog/newsletter
Feedback or Comments?
Want to learn more?
Sign up to get a digest of my articles and interesting links via email every month.