Books I'm reading #
- The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester
- Learning Go: An Idiomatic Approach to Real-World Go Programming by Jon Bodner
- (in polish) TypeScript na poważnie by Michał Miszczyszyn
Books I've read #
- No Self, No Problem: How Neuropsychology Is Catching Up to Buddhism by Chris Niebauer
- Monolith to Microservices: Sustaining Productivity While Detangling the System by Sam Newman
- 100 Go Mistakes and How to Avoid Them by Teiva Harsanyi. I can recommend this one if you're serious about learning Go. You need some basics, but it handles a lot of things newbies are confused about.
Elsewhere on the Web #
This Is How To Get Promoted: 5 Secrets From Research. I like it because you get a clear message that office politics matter a lot.
Personal Thoughts #
December started with a miserable continuation of last month's issues. Fortunately, the ending of a month and a year was good.
Another thing I noticed in December is that I'm finally dropping books I'm not enjoying. I've dropped 3 books after starting them, and I'm proud of it. It took me a long time to balance perseverance and wasting time.
As I mentioned last month, I started taking physical notes from books. I feel too busy to write proper reviews atm, and it seems to help me pick some more learnings from each book. It's also funny how it feels like primary school because of the notebook that I use. #
You can subscribe to my monthly posts at kula.blog/newsletter
Feedback or Comments?
Want to learn more?
Sign up to get a digest of my articles and interesting links via email every month.