In a new React project, I recommend using react-testing-library.
Keep in mind that
Enzyme is still fine. What I like in react-testing-library are small API and easy setup. Unfortunately, I had a problem with testing
onSubmit handler in the
form. It wasn't that hard to fix.
Fortunately for you, I've published How to test onSubmit in react-testing-library.
If you want an introduction to react-testing-library, I can recommend tutorial in create-react-app docs
I've finished reading: #
- Einstein: His Life and Universe by Walter Isaacson. It's a pretty good book. My expectations were too high for it. Or it could be better. I compare it to the biography of Stanisław Lem that I've read in Polish: Lem. Życie nie z tej ziemi and it lacks something.
- Głębia. Skokowiec (Głębia #1) by Marcin Podlewski). I'm not convinced by science in this space opera. But, the narration is excellent. It reminds me of Brandon Sanderson (in a good way).
What I'm reading: #
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David D. Burns. Thanks to it I've noticed that I have a couple of unhealthy automatic thoughts. The book was even proven to help with depression without therapy. That's a good sell for me.
- If you struggle with depression, consider installing: Quirk app on your phone.
Quirk is a crossplatform, GPL-licensed, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) app built in React Native / Expo.
I prefer to write on paper. But, I use the help screen to remind myself about cognitive distortions.
- Caching up on blogs and podcasts. I will probably start a new book. I want to take time reading "Feeling Good". I haven't decided yet.
Btw. I'm thinking about publishing a page with my recommendations for podcasts/blogs or books. Are you interested in any of them? Let me know!
Until next week,
Feedback or Comments?
Want to learn more?
Sign up to get a digest of my articles and interesting links via email every month.