Yesterday I have stumbled upon interesting presentation about productivity at work.
It is called Rules of Productivity.
What interested me most:
- For creative work 35 hours should be maximum week length
- Teams size between 4-8 are best
- Team should have its own room (+100% to productivity). I had a gut feeling about open spaces being harmful, it is good to see it confirmed.
- Overtime is is not doing anything good because team needs to recover after it.
- Overtime is harmful if done longer than a month.
- Scheduling at 80% of team capacity is much better for productivity.
Presentation contains much more than this short list so I recommend you reading it.
Feedback or Comments?
Want to learn more?
Sign up to get a digest of my articles and interesting links via email every month.