New posts #
Books I'm reading #
The Shadow of What Was Lost (The Licanius Trilogy #1) by James Islington. This one finally started being interesting in the middle of the book. Prepare for the first part to be pretty bland.
In Polish Inteligentny Inwestor XXI wieku Tom I by trader21. Learning about stocks, bonds and ETFs.
I just finished Docker Mastery by Bret Fisher. Overall it's a good intro to Docker and Swarm. Unfortunately, at the moment, the introduction to Kubernetes is pretty short and has a lot of outdated videos.
Books I've read #
- Audiobook in Polish Historia filozofii, tom 3 by Władysław Tatarkiewicz. It is the last book in the series but is only up to 1945, so if you know of an excellent book about modern philosophy, please let me know.
Overall I've picked too many books, and I'm only making little progress on them. I probably should stick to a work-in-progress (WIP) of less than 7 :).
Elsewhere on the Web #
- For optimal productivity, be on break for 20-25% of the workday
- Why you should work 4 hours a day, according to science
- Henri Poincaré's Four-Hour Work Day
- Please put units in names or use strong types by Ruud van Asseldonk
- How Big Tech Runs Tech Projects and the Curious Absence of Scrum
Some YouTube videos I can recommend watching:
- Systems Thinking for Developers • Jessica Kerr • Devoxx Poland 2021. Excellent talk about the work of a software engineer as a complex system.
- All useEffect Mistakes Every Junior React Developer Makes
- "I Hate Agile!" | Allen Holub On Why He Thinks Agile And Scrum Are Broken. And the full version Agile & Scrum Don't Work | Allen Holub In The Engineering Room Ep. 9
- Why The 8-Hour Day Is BS For Our Time
- ONE OK ROCK - We are [Official Video from AMBITIONS JAPAN DOME TOUR]. My Wife found it recently, and we both like it.
Personal Thoughts #
August was a productive month:
I finally finished the Docker course.
Set up a brokerage account and read about investing.
Only my weight loss goal has zero progress.
I didn't bike recently, but at least I'm going to the gym 2 times a week, which helps with my motivation for a diet, so I hope to see some decreases on the scale next month.
You can subscribe to my monthly posts at kula.blog/newsletter
Feedback or Comments?
Want to learn more?
Sign up to get a digest of my articles and interesting links via email every month.