Blogs Posts #
How Emotions Are Made by Lisa Feldman Barrett.
Books I'm reading #
Howling Dark by Christopher Ruocchio. The Sun Eater series second book. It has even better reviews than the first book so my expectations are pretty high.
Lavinia by Ursula K. Le Guin.
Books I've read #
How Emotions Are Made by Lisa Feldman Barrett. Goodreads book profile.
Elsewhere on the Web #
What The Prisoner's Dilemma Reveals About Life, The Universe, and Everything | Veritasium. Really good.
Zombie Myths: The Economic Lies that Just Won't Die | Robert Reich
The REAL Conspiracy to Exploit Kids | Adam Conover
These Scientists Got Sued for Doing Their Job | Sabine Hossenfelder
Watch electricity hit a fork in the road at half a billion frames per second | AlphaPhoenix
Was Henry Kissinger a War Criminal? | Johnny Harris
Dr. Robert Lustig: How Sugar & Processed Foods Impact Your Health | Andrew Huberman.
- Avoid fructose - it's really bad. Fruits are good, but avoid it in highly processed food.
Does Bryan Johnson’s $2m biohacking routine actually work? We tested it to see | Hard Reset | Freethink.
"Proper Names" by John Searle | Jeffrey Kaplan.
Personal Thoughts #
- Splunk - starting real work.
- As you can see above I've spent a lot of time on YouTube and that's where I want to make the biggest change this year. I already uninstalled YouTube on my devices, now I want to stop opening it in a browser. Hopefully, this will give me more time to read longer and harder books.
- I've tried to limit my D3 supplementation but regret it. My energy and motivation plummeted immediately and I even started eating more and gaining weight. Crazy when I think about it now.
- Gained some weight over the holidays as well.
Plans for the next month: #
- Stop scrolling YouTube and read more books
- Exercise more
- Eat healthier and try to lose some weight
Heavy | Linkin Park (feat. Kiiara)
You can subscribe to my monthly posts at kula.blog/newsletter
Feedback or Comments?
Want to learn more?
Sign up to get a digest of my articles and interesting links via email every month.