My notes on interoception
Interoception is contemporarily defined as the sense of the internal state of the body.
Interoception is essential for understanding your feelings. Improving your interoception is important in treating trauma, but it will help you thrive in your life as well.
So what can you do to improve your interoception:
- Sensing your heartbeat
- Probably any other physical activities where you have to observe your body closely
Related resources: #
- Can you treat trauma by better sensing your body? Book review of The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
- The Mindful Geek: Mindfulness Meditation for Secular Skeptics by Michael Taft
- ERASING FEARS & TRAUMAS BASED ON THE MODERN NEUROSCIENCE OF FEAR
- Huberman Lab: HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR BRAIN-BODY FUNCTION & HEALTH
Feedback or Comments?
Want to learn more?
Sign up to get a digest of my articles and interesting links via email every month.