Following the polish book Wy Wszyscy Moi Ja by Miłosz Brzeziński, I want to emphasize that there is something you should look at before meditation. Its effectiveness is reliable and proven by more studies than meditation, and it is SLEEP. Don't sacrifice sleep to meditate.
You should read When Buddhism Goes Bad as well.
Books I recommend #
- The Mindful Geek: Mindfulness Meditation for Secular Skeptics by Michael Taft
- 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works by Dan Harris
- ACT Made Simple: An Easy-To-Read Primer on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy by Russ Harris
- Silence: The Power of Quiet in a World Full of Noise by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Peak Performance: Elevate Your Game, Avoid Burnout, and Thrive with the New Science of Success by Brad Stulberg, Steve Magness
- Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day by Jake Knapp and John Zeratsky.
Apps that can help you #
- Headspace. (the one I'm using my streak)
- Ten Percent Happier
- Insight Timer logo
Want to learn more?
Sign up to get a digest of my articles and interesting links via email every month.